Bostadh beach – the most beautiful place in the world
I have a Liebster award, thanks to MeWhoAmI (a great blog, do go and read it). I like the Liebster award – it is like a kind of social glue, cementing us smaller blogs together. However I have studied some maths, so I do feel a little bit nervous about the impact of ten recipients each nominating ten more recipients and so on – in no time at all we would be faced with a tidal wave of Liebster awards rippling around the internet. And though I am sure this would increase global happiness, it might also hammer the Western economy while everyone was busy answering their ten questions and thinking up ten more. So I am going to be a little naughty and modify the rules a bit and nominate just a handful of people, and propose just a handful of questions to answer.
The (original) rules:
-Each nominee must link back the person who nominated them.
-Answer the 10 questions given to you by the nominator.
-Nominate 10 other bloggers for this award who have less than 200 followers.
-Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
-Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them
MeWhoAmI dreamt up some great questions for me, so here are my answers:
1. What is the most adventurous thing you’ve done? Got married and started a family.
2. Where is the most beautiful place you have ever been to? (Easy!) Bostadh on Isle of Lewis – I often dream of returning.
3. If you could do one thing tomorrow that you have always dreamed of doing, what would it be? Visit Orkney and the Shetland Isles.
4. If you won a million dollars, what would you do with it? First, convert it to pounds sterling. Then pay off my house, take a sabbatical from work for the summer, rent a camper van, buy a Calmac ferry pass and some supplies of tinned food and head out to the Western Isles.
5. What is your favorite pastime memory? Playing music with a group of friends late at night one Christmas (I play tin whistle in a folk group).
6. Who is the first person you go to, in your times of need? Me, unfortunately.
7. What is one goal that you have not yet met, but are working to achieve? Learning to shut up.
8. What do you believe is the greatest flaw among people? Being afraid and refusing to admit it.
9. If you only had time to save one thing in your home, what would it be? Well obviously that would have to be the kids – so two things!
10. In your life, what brings you the most happiness? Chocolate.
Here are my nominees. This may not be the first time they’ve received this award – but can you have too much of a good thing?
1. Diary of a Teacher. A lovely lovely blog full of the gentle ups and downs of teaching in a primary school, gardening, cooking adventures and family and friends. Warning: quietly addictive!
2. LookingForBlueSky does have a little more than 200 followers – but hey, she deserves a bigger audience still! Non-standard family life taken with a good pinch of Irish humour.
3. MrBoosMum patiently charting her (sometimes not so straightforward) family life.
If they want some questions to answer, then here they are (just three, not ten):
1. What blog post are you most proud of?
2. Have you ever removed a blog post after publishing it, and if so, can you tell us why?
3. Who do you secretly hope reads your blog?